Erika and I are on the road in Iceland, roaming around the countryside, and I’m taking you with us. This week, we’re in Siglufjörður, a beautiful little oceanfront fishing village in the north. In the mornings, before Erika wakes up, I’m filming Office Hours videos to answer your questions that you post here. The first video comes to you from a park bench next to the harbor:
Questions I answered in the video:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:34 Do we need to do index maintenance on a 1TB database?
- 04:16 Is it bad to have multiple SQL Server instances on one VM?
- 06:40 Why isn’t there a good static code analyzer for T-SQL?
- 09:50 Why are we getting out-of-memory errors with 780GB RAM?
- 13:20 Brent talks to birds
- 13:58 What should people be documenting about their SQL Servers?
- 19:11 Should I disable automatic statistics updates?
- 21:58 How much performance tuning is enough?
- 24:52 Talking about Siglufjörður’s harbor
If you’ve got something you’d like to see me cover, ask your questions here, and while you’re at it, upvote other questions that you’d like to see covered. I’ll take the highest-upvoted questions and talk through ’em in an upcoming webcast.