Your Microsoft SQL Server had a good run.
But it’s getting creaky and old, it’s no longer under support, and you’ve decided it’s time to make a change. You’re trying to decide which version of SQL Server to use, and which cloud options make the most sense.
I can help. I’ve built and rebuild hundreds of SQL Servers over the years, and I can guide you through:
- Assessing your current SQL Server
- Reviewing your workloads to see which version of SQL Server makes the most sense for you
- Working with you to figure out if we can get away with the less-expensive SQL Server Standard Edition, or whether it’s time to upgrade to the dramatically more expensive Enterprise Edition
- Using my free RPO and RTO worksheet to decide between a standalone VM, a cluster, log shipping, replication, or other high availability and disaster recovery tool
- Building the new SQL Server
- Load testing it
- Migrating your databases over to the new server
- Doing support on go-live day to make sure everything goes smoothly
I can work in a high-level mentoring capacity, or guide your team through the project, or you can outsource the whole thing to me if you prefer.
Take the first step: book a free 30-minute sales call on my calendar below. I’ll email you a utility to run against your current SQL Server, sending me its diagnostic data, and then we can have a meaningful conversation armed with lots of details about the shape that the server’s in today.