SQL Server Backup
Best Practices and Articles
Here’s what we’ve put together over the years to protect your data.
- SQL Server Backup Best Practices – my own best practices for backing up databases from the 10+ years I’ve been doing it.
- Back Up To The Network, Not Local Disk – I explain why you shouldn’t write your SQL Server backups to the same disks your data lives on.
- Carbonite Failures – I talked about the problems with Carbonite, and what DBAs can learn from them. I also followed up on the Carbonite issues after David Friend (their CEO) commented on the blog.
- Journalspace Failure – another dot-com bites the dust because they didn’t have good database backups.
- Ma.gnolia Backup Failures – online bookmark sharing service couldn’t restore from backups, and went under.
- Browse All Posts Tagged “Backup”