Good news! We’ve got a new class for that.
Come learn the fundamentals of analysis & machine learning in R, and how to operationalize your work. In this live two-day course, we’ll take you from no data science knowledge to understanding the fundamentals and being able to put them into production using SQL Server.
Focusing on using R, you’ll learn how to important exploratory data analysis, build common predictive models, and embed them with best practices.
You won’t be a PhD in Machine Learning by the end of this, but you’ll be comfortable coding in R and understand the basics of data science.
Let’s get together for a live 2-day online class to cover:
- Basics of R – Understand how R fits into the data science world, get comfortable with the coding environment, and perform basic manipulations of key R objects.
- Data Manipulation in R – Learn how to read data in from different sources, work with columns and rows, join tables, and more. This is the biggest task in any data science project so we need to do this well.
- Data Visualization in R – Get practiced with exploring and presenting data in static and interactive graphics to help you and others gain understanding.
- Machine Learning Fundamentals – Understand the most common types of models, what they’re used for, and how to code them in R. Work through the data science process, from data preparation to sampling to building models to evaluating them.
- Working with R from SQL Server – Understand how you can work with R in SQL Server and what architectural and operational considerations you should think about. Embed models into SQL Server and learn how to use these models for batch and real-time predictions.
I’ll be attending myself – Lord knows with my math skills, I need it – and I’m excited to announce that our medical school teacher for this course is Steph Locke (@SteffLocke). If you’ve been around the SQL Server data science community at all, you’ve seen Steph around community events. She’s an MVP with a decade of BI and data science experience, and she’s got a ton of blog resources out there too.
The class is October 10-11 online. Read more about it, and use coupon code JoinOnline to save $1,000 if you register in the month of June.
See you there!