Every weekday during the month of October, one of the modules from my Fundamentals classes will be absolutely free to watch. But you gotta watch it that day – you snooze, you lose.
For this week’s TempDB class, you don’t have hands-on labs, but if you want to follow along with the demos, I’ll be using the same 50GB Stack Overflow 2013 database we used during the first two weeks.
- Oct 24 – How the Version Store Affects TempDB
- Oct 25 – How Temp Tables are Different from Regular Tables
- Oct 26 – How Table Variables Can Be Better Than Temp Tables
- Oct 27 – Temp Tables & Table Variables at Scale: PFS/GAM/SGAM Contention
- Oct 28 – How Memory-Optimized Table Variables Reduce Contention
- Oct 31 – How Execution Plans Use TempDB
Eagle-eyed readers will note that this isn’t all of the modules from each class, nor is it all of my Fundamentals classes. That’s because this whole thing is a diabolical mind trick, dear reader. I aim to get you hooked on the quality of my online training, and then come November 1st, when my annual Black Friday sale starts, you’ll be ready to get out your wallet – or your boss’s wallet – to get a Recorded Class Season Pass: Fundamentals, or Mastering, or the Level 2 Bundle when they go on sale.