You’re a developer or a DBA, and you’re comfortable writing queries to get the data you need. You’re much less comfortable trying to design the right indexes for your database server. In this series of videos, you’ll learn how the SQL Server engine looks at your indexes and builds your query results.
In 90 minutes of videos, you’ll learn:
- The differences between clustered and nonclustered indexes
- How (and when) to make a covering index
- The basics of execution plans
- What determines sargability
- What SQL Server uses to estimate the memory your query needs
Wanna keep watching?
To see the rest and get the slides & scripts, head on over to How to Think Like the Engine. Enjoy!