Over the years, I’ve come up with some rather “interesting” answers to SQL Server problems including:
- Warming up SQL Server’s buffer pool by selecting all the data from all the tables
- Creating indexes with triggers
- Adding nonclustered indexes to clustered columnstore indexes
- Compressing backups the hard way
- Putting databases on a RAM drive
In this 20-minute video, I’ll explain what drove me to these crazy solutions, and it’ll be up to you to decide whether they’re awesome or awful.
For questions & answers about these, tune in to our weekly webcast.