You don’t remember that?
That’s because it rarely happens. You just happened to be the one standing closest to the database server when it broke, so you eventually became The Accidental DBA. You didn’t get sent to a training class, and even if you did, it was one of those ones where the instructor just reads out of a book – but they’ve never actually been a DBA.
In this class, we’re gathering some of our favorite fundamental material – things we wished we’d have been taught when we first started monkeying around with SQL Server. Let’s get started! Click on the modules at right that matter most to you.
After completing this class, you’re ready for The Senior DBA Class.
- Anti-Virus on SQL Servers (5m)
- Backing Up SQL Server with VSS Snapshots (10M)
- Backup Step #1: Choosing RPO and RTO (21m)
- Configuring CPU Settings: MAXDOP, Cost Threshold, and More (22m)
- DBCC CHECKDB for Full Time DBAs (25M)
- DBCC CHECKDB for VLDBs (30m)
- DBCC CHECKDB When You Don’t Have a Full Time DBA (19m)
- IFI (7m)
- Lock Pages in Memory: LPIM (6m)
- Oops Deletes (17m)
- Patches (18m)
- Remote DAC (7m)
- Restore with Standby (10m)
- RPO RTO Recovery Models (12m)
- Sending Emails with Database Mail (10m)
- Setting Up Ola Hallengren’s Maintenance Scripts (34m)
- Shrinking Files (8m)
- Tempdb Config (9m)