Backups 3: Setting Up Maintenance Plans
Developers and sysadmins: the easiest way for you to protect your servers is by using maintenance plans.
Full time production database administrators should watch the Ola Hallengren maintenance script setup module instead. I’m specifically targeting this video at developers and sysadmins who need an easy, safe way to protect stuff without knowing T-SQL.
2 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Backups 1: 3 Common Strategies
- Backups 2: Restores
- Backups 4: Setting Up Ola Hallengren’s Maintenance Scripts
- Backups: Reading from Databases During Restores
- Configuration: Anti-Virus
- Configuration: Instant File Initialization
- Configuration: Lock Pages in Memory (LPIM)
- Configuration: Prepare for Emergencies with the Remote DAC
- Configuration: Sending Emails with Database Mail
- Configuration: sp_configure Settings
- Configuration: TempDB Files and Sizes
- Corruption 1: How it Happens, and How to Detect It
- Corruption 2: DBCC CHECKDB for VLDBs
- Maintenance: Agent Jobs
- Maintenance: Patches: Which Ones to Apply, When, and How
- Maintenance: Shrinking Files
Won’t rebuilding indexes screw up my clustered columnstore indexes?
Sadly, no, and I teach the details of that in my Fundamentals of Columnstore class.