Normally, y’all post and upvote great questions at https://pollgab.com/room/brento, but in today’s episode, y’all upvoted some stinkers. Buckle up.
- 00:00 Start
- 00:47 SQLKB: Hi, according to sp_BlitzCache I usually have more than 260k plans in cache, created in the past 1 hour, is it a big number? Comparing number of plans from exec_query_stats vs exec_cached_plans the numbers are 260k vs 130k , what could cause the diff between those numbers?
- 02:23 Chase C: What do the options under linked server provider settings mean? “Allow inprocess” is frustratingly un-googleable and my technical manuals for SQL Server are also rather short on content. Cheers!
- 04:09 sELECT RAM: You mentioned that PLE is useless recently. Why? and what is the alternative?
- 05:21 Call Me Ishmael: Will SQL Server ever mandate the semi-colon as a statement terminator?
- 07:35 Mike: What do you think about running SQL Server in Kubernetes for Production workloads in year 2023?
- 09:07 Yitzhak: You once used a nice analogy in relating pilots to air planes and DBA’s to SQL Servers. Will you please share that again?
- 10:47 Haddaway: When moving large tables to a new file group, does it ever make sense to do the migration with bcp command line vs using TSQL to copy the data to new location via insert?