Why yes, I’m wearing the same shirt as the video from “yesterday”. Why do you ask? Stop paying attention to that, and check out the top-voted questions from https://pollgab.com/room/brento.
Here’s what we covered:
- 00:00 Start
- 00:12 DBABA (database administrator by accident): I have a complex, nested view. everytime after a dacpac deployment this view runs into timeouts for a couple of days. during deployment no indexes are rebuilt. what could cause this? the only suspect left to me are view refreshs during deployment/skewed statistics.
- 01:28 Sean: Is a buffer pool extension worth using if your storage is SSD anyway?
- 02:56 Christopher Wallace: What is your opinion of using Azure Elastic SAN for hosting SQL VM data files?
- 04:58 Stanley Burrell: What is your opinion of using HammerDB for load testing prospective new SQL Server VMs?
- 06:10 Blutarsky: What is you recommended naming convention for clustered indexes, non-clustered indexes, and constraints?
- 07:26 gserdijn: Hello Brent, if I have a table with a composite primary key (C1, C2) which is also the clustered index, does it make sense to have a nonclustered index on column C1? I found a few of these, and I would like to trim the fat.
- 08:41 Danielle Bregoli: Is there a good way to determine if a given query / query plan was the result of a plan guide?
- 09:45 Gonzo: What are your pros/cons of SSMS vs Azure Data Studio? When should you use one over the other?
- 11:10 Merrill Stubing: What are your protips for combating sea sickness and jetlag?
- 14:15 pete: ping me please – I try to watch all the office hours but I do miss a few. Would be nice if we could get notified that our question was being covered. Office hours are like free training.
- 15:20 Ricardo: Is there any way I can throttle (not stop) I/O for a specific SQL login in SQL Server 2016 standard edition? (it’s in an Azure VM by-the-way)