I start today’s Office Hours by playing with the very underwhelming Github Copilot in ADS, then take your questions from https://pollgab.com/room/brento.
Here’s what we covered:
- 00:00 Start
- 04:06 Github Copilot in Azure Data Studio
- 24:36 Byron: Seeing plan cache queries for a long since retired table. What is best way to track down the app querying this table?
- 25:57 Eduardo: What is your opinion of ApexSQL SQL Plan viewer? Feels like a competitor to SQL Sentry Plan explorer.
- 26:33 SQLrage: Are their any tips or tricks (that aren’t out there regarding patching or page lock in memory) to prevent Non Yielding Scheduler errors related to IO issues? Seeing it a lot in a high transaction system and MS comes back stating IO problem is the root cause. Thanks brotha!
- 27:23 GP Geek: I’ve a case where Index REBUILD runs every week, but the DB tables keep showing a fragmentation of over 98% every day.. what’s wrong ?
- 28:05 Nicolai: What is your opinion of the Microsoft MVP award?
- 32:37 Mr. SqlSeeks: When using a UNION operator to join the results of multiple queries, does the order of the queries affect how SQL Server gets the data?