You’re a production database administrator responsible for the health, security, and uptime of many database servers.
You’ve been pointing and clicking your way through SSMS for years, scripting out T-SQL to files, but… when you need to do the same task repeatedly across several servers, it’s a bit of a pain.
You’ve told yourself someday you’d learn PowerShell to do repeatable, reliable automation.
That time is March, and it’s gonna be free!
All March long, I’m giving away our newest class, Fundamentals of PowerShell for DBAs. Block out a half-hour per weekday on your calendar now because on each weekday in March, a different video will be live – but just for one day only! You gotta keep up if you wanna learn for free. (I’ll be making the videos public manually, so it won’t be at an exact time – just rest assured that if you log in at the same time every day, you’ll always have a fresh video to watch. If you log in at different times each day, well … you might not. Sorry about that.)
- March 1, Weds: What’s PowerShell?
- March 2, Thurs: Using Variables
- March 3, Fri: Using CMDLETs and the Pipeline and Demos
- March 6, Mon: CMDLETs: Aliasing and the Pipeline and Demos
- March 7, Tues: Working with Objects and Demos
- March 8, Weds: Object Properties and the Pipeline and Demos
- March 9, Thurs: Object Methods
- March 10, Fri: Making Your Own Objects
- March 13, Mon: Logical Operators and Loops and Demos
- March 14, Tues: Filtering with WHERE
- March 15, Weds: WHILE Loops and Demos
- March 16, Thurs: IF-THEN-ELSE
- March 17, Fri: Functions and Parameters and Demos
- March 20, Mon: Parameters and Error Handling and Demos
- March 21, Tues: The SQL Server Module and Demos
- March 22, Weds: The SQLSERVER:\ Drive
- March 23, Thurs: Working With SQLSERVER Objects
- March 24, Fri: Scripting Objects and Demos
- March 27, Mon: Objects and Namespaces
- March 28, Tues: PowerShell and the SQL Server Agent
- March 29, Weds: Creating Agent Jobs
- March 30, Thurs: Scheduling PowerShell Job Scripts
- March 31, Fri: Auditing Permissions with PowerShell and Demos
Get started now by heading over to the class and watching the Before the Class modules that explain how to set up your workstation to follow along.
Not patient? Wanna get started on it right away? Recorded Class Season Pass Fundamentals holders can jump in now – it’s included with your existing membership. Go get your learn on!