Sometimes, I see questions and go, “You know, I’d rather let other people answer this.” And today, I’m gonna let you do it.
My blog post this week about PollGab.com and about its data model brought out all kinds of interesting Office Hours questions. I’ve selected 7 of them that I don’t wanna answer – instead, I wanna hear your answers.
- Gary Kendall: Hey Brent, Do you have any recommendations for version control or auditing to help manage code changes in SQL Server (stored procedures, functions, etc.)?. Developers say “we didn’t change anything” – we know SOMEONE did, but don’t always know who. Thanks! (p.s. nice beach!)
- Azure DBA: Hi Brent, what do you thing of the maximum synapse dedicated SQL pool backup retention of 7 days (42 points). Could this be considered a risk and is there any other way you can backup SQL pool to have a long term backups?
- I’m_a_null_set: Hey Brent. Love your content and classes. I bought your fundamentals bundle a while back which is fantastic. Unfortunately, my employers training budget isn’t enough to cover your mastering bundle. Can you recommend any resources which could help up skill me whilst I save up?
- Arnold: Hi Brent, what are your favorite options to use with sp_whoisactive?
- Roy Hinkley: Hi Brent, is there anything correction action that can be take when estimated rows vs actual rows is off by more than 10x for SQL fulltext search using “CONTAINSTABLE” function?
- DBA Taylor: Hey Brent, big fan of your content! I’m wondering if you know of any “gotchas” with distributed availability groups that are not present with normal availability groups? e.g.The verbiage Microsoft uses in their docs makes it sound more difficult to failover than your typical AG.
- Toucan Sam: Hi Brent, what is your opinion of the new query plan viewer in latest Azure Data Studio?
Got an opinion about any of ’em? Post it in the comments.