The beach at Vestrahorn mountain looks different every time we’ve visited: high tide, low tide, sun, clouds. Always a fun side trip when we’re out in the southeast of Iceland. I took a break to answer the questions you upvoted here.
Questions we covered:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:38 Scott M: When do you recommend sp_BlitzWho vs sp_WhoIsActive?
- 03:15 Brandon: Does Clippy consider selectivity when building missing indexes?
- 05:10 Hugo: I have a temporary staging table whose statistics constantly update. Should I turn off automatic stats updates?
- 07:02 Kavia MP: Is RCSI a good alternative to NOLOCK?
- 07:31 Glev: Do you do consulting on Postgres?
- 09:10 Fundamentals of MS Docs: What does the query optimizer fixes setting do?
- 10:44 PPI: Can I use log shipping to migrate from SQL Server 2012 to 2016?
- 12:32 Andrew: What do you do when a training class participant can’t keep up?
- 14:44 Rojo: We’re considering multiple satellite databases and one central server…
- 18:00 Daniel: How do I estimate memory requirements for memory-optimized tables with 200M rows and VARCHAR(MAX) columns?
- 19:29 Simon: How can I predict if my SQL Server has enough resources to handle a 50% increase in workload?
- 21:48 Matt: Does a DBA deserve credit when the server is bored out of its gourd?
- 22:25 Severio: How big will the transaction log be when I create a clustered index on a table?
- 23:48 Terrible DBA: If I want to move to database development or architecture, who do I approach?
- 25:52 Mark: I’m creating an ODS by using SSIS to do a backup & restore, then running scripts…
- 27:27 JJ: Where do I start learning more about databases, indexing, performance tuning?
- 29:40 Wrap-up