I drove up the volcano Hekla in central Iceland – also known as the Gateway to Hell – and parked the Defender here:
While my travel companions hiked up higher (and took that photo), I set up the tripod and camera, then went through your highly-upvoted questions from https://pollgab.com/room/brento.
Here are the questions I covered:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:40 Mehdi: How do I check progress of a long-running query before I kill it?
- 02:29 Viking: Why is CHECKDB taking so long?
- 04:41 James: When I fail over my AG to a secondary, a random database gets stuck in a resolving state. Why?
- 05:45 Joe Gleason: Should developers be allowed to run traces in production?
- 07:27 Stanislav: How do I reduce blocking?
- 09:17 Jaden: How do I understand big, complex queries quickly?
- 10:16 Rent-a-Balloon: What’s the optimal way to run stored procedures one row at a time?
“I’m on the Highway to Hell.” ~ AC/DC
How do I backup my data?