Today’s session comes to you from the harbor in Húsavík, the whale watching capitol of Europe.
Questions I answered in the video:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:29 Is SQL Server 2019 ready for prime time now?
- 02:47 Does WITH NOLOCK cause high CPU usage?
- 04:53 Is MERGE a good practice or bad?
- 06:36 OPENROWSET is so easy – why shouldn’t I use it?
- 07:52 How can you tell if a server has enough CPUs?
- 11:47 Discussing cargo cult programming
- 15:25 Wrap-up
If you’ve got something you’d like to see me cover, ask your questions here, and while you’re at it, upvote other questions that you’d like to see covered. I’ll take the highest-upvoted questions and talk through ’em in an upcoming webcast.