During this month’s Senior DBA Class in Chicago, I started joking with the attendees about what songs they should play during common DBA job tasks, like:
- Best Song to Play During a Server Outage
- Best Song to Illustrate Your Predecessor’s Skills
- Best Song to Accompany an Index Rebuild
- Best Song to Play When Examining a Slow Query
- Best Song to Play When Corruption is Found
- Best Song for a SQL Server with 4GB RAM
- Best Song to Play While a Cursor Runs
- Best Song to Prepare for a SQL Server Service Pack
We wanna hear your ideas.
- To submit your songs, leave a comment here (BrentOzar.com) before Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016.
- Your comment must include the category, the song & singer’s names, and the link to the song’s video. You can enter multiple times.
- The winners will be chosen by us, the Brent Ozar Unlimited team, judged using completely unreliable and unpredictable methods. Winners will be announced within one week of the contest closing.
- If multiple people submit the same song in a category, the winner will be the first one.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The winner in each category will get a training video class of their choice. (No bundles, just individual classes.)
- The overall winner will get an Everything Bundle.
I’ll get you started with my favorite song to play during a server outage.
Update March 23rd – comments have been closed. Let the judging commence!