If you want to work on the cutting edge, you can’t just read best practices – you have to go create them. Somebody’s gotta teach you how to use SQL Server 2016, right?
We asked Dell if we could fly out to their headquarters in Round Rock, Texas and borrow a bunch of hardware and storage gear for a week. Doug, Erik, Jeremiah, Kendra, and I will set up shop to do lab tests, experiments, and learning with the latest hardware, shared storage gear, and SQL Server 2016.
And we bet you wanna watch online.
So we’re bringing you Dell DBA Days. Twice a day, we’ll take a break from our work to do a one-hour webcast with you, talking about how we’re testing and what we’re learning.
Here’s the webcast lineup:
- Tuesday morning – How Do You Fix a Slow TempDB?
- Tuesday afternoon – TempDB Load Testing with SQL 2012, 2014, 2016, and SSDs
- Wednesday morning – Introducing This Week’s Lab
- Wednesday afternoon – Advanced Shared Storage Features
- Thursday morning – Find Your Slow SQL Server’s Bottlenecks Fast
- Thursday afternoon – How to Prove Hardware is a Problem
- Friday morning – SQL Server High Availability Options Explained
- Friday afternoon – Watch SQL Server Break and Explode