I took the StackOverflow database dump, brought it into SQL Server, and did some slicing and dicing by tags and users. I wanted to find the answers to questions like:
- What are the most active tags?
- Who is submitting the most answers?
- Who is getting the most answers accepted?
- What tag answers get the highest scores?
- What tags get answered the fastest or slowest?
- Which types of questions are closed the most often?
- What tags are the high-reputation people answering?
I’m having a lot of fun with the data, and I thought other people might enjoy it too.
To make it easier, I built SPWho2.com, a site with StackOverflow user and tag statistics. It’s not terribly attractive yet, unless like me, you find numbers attractive. It’s a side hobby for me right now, and over time I’ll add in more data visualization with graphs and trends. If there’s anything you’d like to see added, let me know.