03. Combining Multiple Single-Column Statistics (8m)
In the last module, we looked at statistics independently. Now, what happens when our query references multiple columns, and we have to combine multiple statistics to guess how many rows will return. You’ll also see how both the old (pre-2014) and new cardinality estimators shape up.
2 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 01. A Tale of Two Plans (7m)
- 02. Getting to Know Statistics (15m)
- 04. Multi-Column Statistics and the Cardinality Estimators (14m)
- 05. What Is the Cardinality Estimator? (5m)
- 06. Filtered Statistics: ENHANCE! (15m)
- 07. The Ascending Key Problem (11m)
- 08. 10 Rules for Managing Statistics (12m)
- 09. Seeks, Scans, and Sargability (9m)
- 10. How Execution Plans are Made (10m)
Bug at 5:22. Square toot 8.013 not 80.13.
never mind – brain freeze on my part.