Whenever SQL Server runs queries, it tracks the bottlenecks it’s waiting on.
This data is tracked in wait statistics, also known as wait stats, and it’s viewable in several different spots in SQL Server.
In this class, you’ll learn:
- How to measure your SQL Server
- What the most common wait types are
- Whether a wait can be fixed with query tuning, index tuning, or hardware
When you’re done with this course, you’re ready for Mastering Server Tuning.
- 01. How to Measure and Change Your SQL Server – 3 Metrics to Gather (23 minutes)
- 02. Measuring Your SQL Server with sp_BlitzFirst and Monitoring Software (24 minutes)
- 03. How to Measure and Change Your SQL Server – The Parts Catalog (7 minutes)
- Wait Types – ASYNC_NETWORK_IO (7 minutes)
- Wait Types – CXPACKET (54 minutes)
- Wait Types – LCK% – Locking Snapshot RCSI Part 1 (39 minutes)
- Wait Types – LCK% – Locking Snapshot RCSI Part 2 (29 minutes)
- Wait Types – PAGEIOLATCH Part 1 – Slow Reads from Storage (7 minutes)
- Wait Types – PAGEIOLATCH Part 2 – Ways to Mitigate It (9 minutes)
- Wait Types – RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE (33m)
- Wait Types – SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD (44m)
- Wait Types – THREADPOOL (27m)
- Wait Types – WRITELOG (12m)