Twitter is like a cross between instant messaging and blogging: you log your short thoughts and questions in public, and people can follow you to subscribe your tweets. You follow people that you find interesting, and people follow you when they find you interesting. I’ve written several articles about Twitter and how to get started:
My Free Twitter Book
I’ve been on Twitter for years and I’ve seen a lot of people make a lot of mistakes. I decided to write a simple, straightforward, short ebook explaining how to use Twitter. Best of all – I’m giving it away for free for a limited time!
Top 10 Reasons I’m Following You (Or Not)
- Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Following You On Twitter – wondering why nobody’s following you back?
- Top 10 Reasons I *AM* Following You – how I pick who gets past my virtual bouncer.
- How to Get More Twitter Followers – if you don’t know me well, make sure you read all the way to the bottom. I tend to be a little subtle. (And sarcastic.)
- Twitter Is What You Make It – Think Twitter sucks? I tell you why it’s your own fault.
Twitter RT, OH, ETC – The Basics of Twitter
- Twitter RT, OH, HT: The Slang Explained – I talk about what these cryptic terms mean and how to use them correctly.
- How to Make a Bigger Twitter Profile – when people glance at your Twitter profile, they make a snap decision about whether to follow you. Give them the information they need to make a good decision.
- The Whuffie Factor – I review the best social media marketing book out there and explain why it can help you use Twitter better.
- When Demi Moore Linked To Me – I’m like SO FAMOUS. For sure. Look out, Ashton, here I come.
- Browse All Posts Tagged “Twitter”