You’ve been working with SQL Server for a couple of years, but you’re not really sure what’s going on in the System Databases folder. What gets stored in Master, Model, and MSDB? What processes use them? In the event of a crash, should you restore them? Brent Ozar will give you an introductory tour in this half-hour video:
What We Do:
SQL Critical Care®
If your SQL Server is too slow or unreliable, and you're tired of guessing games, we'll help.
In just 4 days, we find the root cause, explain it to you, and show you how to get pain relief. Learn more now.
Contact the Brent Ozar
team online or call:
It won't hurt.
When I am assigned to a new project for a bureaucratic enterprise corporation and the first e-mail that I receive are six huge word documents with ridiculous procedures (HT @BorisHristov)
SQL Server Training
- In-Person Training Classes:
- Advanced Querying and Indexing
- The Senior DBA Class of 2015
- SQL Server Performance Troubleshooting
- Online Video Classes:
- Execution Plans
- DBA Interview Question and Answer Kit
- Developer's Guide to SQL Performance
- How to Tune Indexes
- Introduction to Internals
- SQL Server on VMware and SANs