Watch Brent Ozar Streaming Live
Upcoming Live Classes
Only the ones marked “Free” are, uh, free. For the rest, you can buy ’em individually by clicking on ’em, or get ’em all with my Live Class Season Pass.
- May 26: Fundamentals of Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern
- May 30: FREE: Watch Brent Query PostgreSQL – 9AM-10 Eastern – iCal
- June 3-5: Mastering Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- June 9-11: Mastering Server Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- June 16: Fundamentals of Index Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- June 17: Fundamentals of Query Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- June 18: How I Use the First Responder Kit – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- July 21-23: Mastering Index Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- July 26: FREE: Tuning Indexes to Avoid Blocking – 8AM-9AM Eastern – iCal
- August 4: Fundamentals of Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- August 5-7: Mastering Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- August 11-13: Mastering Query Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- September 9-11: Mastering Server Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- September 18-20: Mastering Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- For further-out dates, go to each class’s web page.
When you’re attending my 1-3 day classes, you wanna go through ’em in this order:
- Fundamentals: Indexes, then Queries, then Parameter Sniffing
- Mastering: Indexes, then Queries, (optional: Parameter Sniffing), then Server Tuning
If you jump around, you’ll have a much tougher time since they all build on each other.
Each class has hands-on labs for you to follow along. Read the prerequisites at least a few days before class because setting up your VM will take quite a bit of time the first time you attend a Mastering class.
For the highest resolution, click on the config icon in the player and you can change it up to 1080p. If you’re on a slow connection (unreliable wifi, DSL, etc) you can also change it down to a lower quality there, too. If you have problems with the video stuttering or not keeping up, first try refreshing your browser, then try closing other apps that are using the Internet (like syncing large files), or try connecting over wired Ethernet. And stop trying to steal wifi from your neighbor three houses over, ha ha ho ho.
For chat and questions, join the #BrentOzarUnlimited Slack channel, or read the instructions on how to get in. I only do Q&A over Slack – if you can’t get in there, you won’t be able to ask questions or turn in your homework.
If you don’t see a broadcast streaming window above, check with your sysadmins to have them unblock Mux.com (private classes) and Twitch.com (free public classes) for you. If you’re using a company VPN, you may also want to try disconnecting that VPN to see if that helps. If your video pauses, you’ve got an unstable Internet connection. Hit refresh on the page to restart your streaming. I can’t help troubleshoot your Internet connection during class, unfortunately.
Paid classes are recorded for later playback (barring catastrophic problems like broken demos or bad hair days.) To watch the most recent version of any class you’ve purchased, go to your account page.