Watch Brent Ozar Streaming Live
Upcoming Live Classes
You can get all of these with a Live Class Season Pass, or click on the class names to buy individual tickets. If you bought a Live Class Season Pass with VMs included, fill out this form to tell me which dates you’ll be attending so I can get your VMs available ahead of time. (I need at least 48 hours advance notice before the class.)
- August 11-13: Mastering Query Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- September 9-11: Mastering Server Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- September 18-20: Mastering Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern – iCal
- October 26: Fundamentals of Index Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern
- October 27: Fundamentals of Query Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern
- October 28: How I Use the First Responder Kit – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 6-8 (weekend) – Mastering Index Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 12: Fundamentals of Index Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 13: Fundamentals of Query Tuning – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 16: Fundamentals of Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 18-20: Mastering Parameter Sniffing – 9AM-5 Eastern
- November 24: How I Use the First Responder Kit – 9AM-5 Eastern
- For further-out dates, go to each class’s web page.
When you’re attending my 1-3 day classes, you wanna go through ’em in this order:
- Fundamentals: Indexes, then Queries, then Parameter Sniffing
- Mastering: Indexes, then Queries, (optional: Parameter Sniffing), then Server Tuning
If you jump around, you’ll have a much tougher time since they all build on each other.
Each class has hands-on labs for you to follow along. Read the prerequisites at least a few days before class because setting up your VM will take quite a bit of time the first time you attend a Mastering class.
For the highest resolution, click on the config icon in the player and you can change it up to 1080p. If you’re on a slow connection (unreliable wifi, DSL, etc) you can also change it down to a lower quality there, too. If you have problems with the video stuttering or not keeping up, first try refreshing your browser, then try closing other apps that are using the Internet (like syncing large files), or try connecting over wired Ethernet. And stop trying to steal wifi from your neighbor three houses over, ha ha ho ho.
For chat and questions, join the #BrentOzarUnlimited Slack channel, or read the instructions on how to get in. I only do Q&A over Slack – if you can’t get in there, you won’t be able to ask questions or turn in your homework.
If you don’t see a broadcast streaming window above, check with your sysadmins to have them unblock Mux.com (private classes) and Twitch.com (free public classes) for you. If you’re using a company VPN, you may also want to try disconnecting that VPN to see if that helps. If your video pauses, you’ve got an unstable Internet connection. Hit refresh on the page to restart your streaming. I can’t help troubleshoot your Internet connection during class, unfortunately.
Paid classes are recorded for later playback (barring catastrophic problems like broken demos or bad hair days.) To watch the most recent version of any class you’ve purchased, go to your account page.