You’re a developer or DBA who wants to tune indexes and queries to make your application go faster. You don’t like learning by watching slides or reading white papers – you want to jump right into the code and see what happens. You’re the kind of person who loves watching YouTube videos that start with, “Hold my beer and watch this.”
Prerequisites: In one demo-filled day with me, Brent Ozar, you’ll see SQL Server 2017 and 2019 make questionable lifestyle choices. They’ll wildly underestimate the work required with a query, pick the wrong indexes, and jump off the roof into the pool while holding the TV – all in an effort to deliver the right query results. I will show you how to coach the database engine into better performance and less problems.
- You should be comfortable writing queries, but not at all comfortable with making them go faster.
- If you want to follow along on your own computer, get the free Stack Overflow 2013 database
- Some of the demos will only work on specific SQL Server versions, like 2019 or 2017 – we’ll note that where applicable
Some of these dates are in-person, some are online:
- In-person classes are one-day pre-cons before SQLSaturday events. They’re not broadcast online – I’m in the room, speaking, and you gotta be there in person too.
- Online classes are held in GoToWebinar with me live on webcam, taking questions as we go through the material together. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way.
You can watch again later with Instant Replay – for one year from the date of your course, you can watch a recorded version via online streaming. Brush up on stuff you missed or revisit your favorite topics. It’s the best of both worlds: live training me, plus reminders. (Or, you can just buy the Instant Replay access – save money, and start watching your recordings immediately, streaming them in your browser for a year.)
To see the list of demos, check out the list of modules in the Instant Replay recordings.
This class is not scheduled at this time.