How much do database administrators, analysts, architects, developers, and data scientists make? We asked, and 3,113 of you from 73 countries answered this year.
A few things to know about it:
- The data is public domain. The license tab makes it clear that you can use this data for any purpose, and you don’t have to credit or mention anyone.
- The spreadsheet includes both 2017 & 2018 results. For the new questions this year, the 2017 answers are populated with Not Asked.
- The postal code field was totally optional, and may be wildly unreliable. Folks asked to be able to put in small portions of their zip code, like the leading numbers.
Blog posts about the results:
- Female DBAs Make Less Money. Why? by Brent Ozar
- Practicing Statistics: Female DBAs and Salary by Eugene Meidinger
- Integrating R Script and Script Visuals with Power BI by Ginger Grant – which includes a 1-hour video
- It Pays to Stay Home by Melissa Connors
- Building a DBA Salary Calculator, Part 0: Initial Findings by Eugene Meidinger
- Analyzing Salary Data with Power BI and R, Part 1 by Ginger Grant – which includes the Power BI PBIX file for you to work with
Want your blog post in that list? Leave a comment here and we’ll add it. Next Friday (Jan 19), I’ll publish the full list in our Monday newsletter along with relevant salary negotiation articles. It’s a great way to get yourself a big bump in reader traffic. I’m curious to see what you find!