Session state frequently ends up on a busy SQL Server. What seemed like a good idea in development turns into a problem in production. While there are valid business reasons for persisting session state to permanent storage; there are equally valid reasons to avoid using SQL Server as the permanent storage. We’ll investigate why session state poses problems for SQL Server and cover an alternate solution that allows for persistent session state. This talk is for developers and DBAs who want a better way to safely track ASP.NET session state.
Going to PASS?
Check This Class:
Pre-Summit, on Monday and Tuesday, we'll teach you how we tune SQL Servers. If you like us on the web, you'll love our pre-cons.
It's just $695, but limited seats are left. Learn more now.
Contact the Brent Ozar
team online or call:
It won't hurt.
SQL Server Training
- In-Person Training Classes:
- Make SQL Apps Faster
Nov 2014, Seattle
- Advanced Querying and Indexing
- The Senior DBA Class of 2015
- SQL Server Performance Troubleshooting
- Online Video Classes:
- Execution Plans
- DBA Interview Question and Answer Kit
- Developer's Guide to SQL Performance
- How to Tune Indexes
- Introduction to Internals
- SQL Server on VMware and SANs