So many things happen in mid-Summer. Dreams. Death. Pit stains.
And FRK updates!
Special thanks to @digitalohm for once again taking the axe to sp_DatabaseRestore. You are the only person on our email list who isn’t getting a Box O’ Tripe®
- #872 @MosesOfJ pointed out that, while our code is flawless, our spelling was not. Thanks, Mo.
- #877 Dear sir Moses also pointed out that our code is not flawless, but our spelling was! Hey, we’re… 50/50. Kinda. What’s math got to do with code, anyway? Now SkipChecks work NVARCHAR(4000)% better.
- #889 Added pre-2017 future-proofing to pull information about statistics and adaptive joins out of XML
- #890 Things were formatted. No one got drooled on. Quite the day.
- Nothing this go around. We try not to mess with perfection.
- Has attained a zen-like state and did not receive any chakra filth.
- #871 Here we stand athwart log restores yelling STOPAT! So, you know, if you want to stop at a certain time within a log restore, you can do that now. This was all @digitalohm, whose mailbox will not smell like the worst hangover ever.
- Initial release! There were many PRs and fixes in the dev branch leading up to this that aren’t really pertinent historically, because this has no history. Literally none. This is a newborn. Give it a spankin.
- MAZEL TOV! It’s another new stored procedure. Requires 2016, and an enabled query store. Details will be forthcoming in a blog post this week, but you can get it now and feel the hot rush of blood that accompanies hitting F5 and finding out how horrible things truly are.