Before you join us in Atlanta for our 2-day training class (or if you’re just thinking about it), let’s talk about your environment. In this 30-minute session, we’ll give you some vital statistics to check in your SQL Server before you leave work, and we’ll explain how our upcoming training class will help you improve those metrics.
In the video, we discuss bringing the results from a few troubleshooting queries – here’s the links:
- Wait Stats Triage – get a snapshot of what SQL Server has been waiting on.
- Get Database Sizes – excellent StackOverflow question and answer.
- Which Tables are Cached in Memory – check the buffer pool.
- Top 20 Resource-Using Queries – from the plan cache.
- Check Config Settings with sp_Blitz® – quick diagnostic utility.
To get the most from the training class, run those queries ahead of time and bring the results to the training session. You’ll learn to identify common T-SQL antipatterns, improve your indexes, and make your database faster.
Need help convincing your boss you should go? Here’s a business justification PDF you can hand ‘em.