When will Microsoft officially release SQL Server 2020 for download? The dust is just barely starting to settle on the 2019 box, so it’s time to guess the next one.
- Leave one – and only one – comment here in YYYY/MM/DD format with your release date guess. If you leave multiple comments, only the first/earliest one is going to count.
- “The release date” is the date that Microsoft announces that the final RTM bits will be downloadable to the public from www.Microsoft.com. (Not the date they make the announcement, and we’re only talking the release-to-manufacturing public version, not a preview, CTP, RC, CU, or SP.)
- Closest to win, without going over, wins a Live Class Season Pass and a Recorded Class Season Pass.
- In the event of a tie (multiple people guessing the same date), the earlier comment wins both the live & recorded pass, and subsequent folks only win a Recorded Class Season Pass.
- Only comments more than 48 hours earlier than Microsoft’s public release announcement will count. If Microsoft makes their announcement, and you run over here trying to leave a fast comment with the release date, not gonna take it.
- If Microsoft announces two release dates – like one for Windows, and one for Linux – then we’ll pick a separate winner for each. (But you only get to leave one date in the comments.)
Place your bets!