The demo scripts are available to subscribed students in their Instant Replay recording pages – just click on the sessions for each class, and you can grab the lab scripts from there.
For questions about a particular lab, just leave a comment on that session’s page.
Not a student? Check out our Live Class Season Pass to join in the fun.
- 0.1 Prerequisites Before the Class (~4 hours)
- 0.2 How to Set Up Your Own Lab Server
- 1.2 The D.E.A.T.H. Method: Dedupe and Eliminate
- 1.3 D.E. Tools and Their Weaknesses
- 1.4a Lab 1: Dedupe and Eliminate – Introduction
- 1.4b Lab 1: Dedupe and Eliminate – Brent Does It
- 1.5 The D.E.A.T.H. Method: Tuning Indexes for Specific Queries
- 1.6a Lab 2: Tuning Indexes for Specific Queries – Introduction
- 1.6b Lab 2: Tuning Indexes for Specific Queries – Brent Does It
- 2.1 Adding Indexes with the DMVs
- 2.2 Tuning to Avoid Key Lookups and Residual Predicates
- 2.3a Lab 3: Adding Indexes with Clippy and the DMVs – Introduction
- 2.3b Lab 3: Adding Indexes with Clippy and the DMVs – Brent Does It
- 2.4 Tuning Indexes to Avoid Blocking
- 2.5a Lab 4: Solving Blocking with Indexes – Introduction
- 2.5b Lab 4: Solving Blocking with Indexes – Brent Does It
- 3.1 Filtered Indexes, Indexed Views, Computed Columns, and Partitioning
- 3.2a Lab 5: Leveraging Artisanal Indexes – Introduction
- 3.2b Lab 5: Leveraging Artisanal Indexes – Brent Does It
- 3.3 The D.E.A.T.H. Method – Heaps and Clustered Indexes
- 3.4 Foreign Key and Check Constraints (16m)
- 3.5 Tips from the Index Sommelier
- 3.6a Final Lessons and Lab 6 – Introduction
- 3.6b Lab 6: Doing the D.E.A.
- 3.6c Lab 6: Tuning Indexes for Specific Queries