Grab the newly updated First Responder Kit, and here’s what’s in it:
- #677 Finally! A bug that isn’t ours! Microsoft forget to let SE clean up query store. We warn you about that now.
- #650 2016 SP1 gave us exciting new (old) Enterprise features. We give you some boring new wording about them. (suggested by @HenrikStaunPoulsen )
- #602 More checks to see if you did something ridiculous to your CPUs
- #688 Curious about RLS in your query plan? So is @LitKnd! Thanks, Kendra!
- #678 In 2016 and up, we’ll tell you something if estimated rows and estimated rows read are way different. Seriously, upgrade to 2016. What’s wrong with you?
- #665 So uh, you can now sort by ‘all’ and ‘all avg’. This may perform terribly on some servers. Please report any bugs.
- #663 Sometimes stored procedure costs would show up as double. That’s no good.
- #661 Function join detection was weird in some circumstances.
- #660 Sometimes we don’t find any warnings. Now we tell you when we don’t find any warnings. Relief.
- #659 Operator checks sometimes take a long time. Breaking them into smaller parts helps.
- #653 Ever see something in BlitzCache that wasn’t yours? Funny thing about SPIDs, huh? We filter on those now, too.
- #652 Filters! Referencing scalar valued functions! What a bad idea. We’ll let you know about that.
- #633 Are you modifying a lot of indexes? I don’t know. But BlitzCache does. This looks a little inflated because it takes into account IF branches, but you get the idea.
- #459 If a stored procedure gets executed once, does anyone care? @douglane doesn’t! Thanks, Doug!
- #668 Context is everything. Especially for databases. When you’re checking for stored procs.
- #658 Long running queries being blocked. Great post, Brent! (coded by @BrentOzar )
- #647 Is SQL running? Yes? So is something other than SQL, and it’s taking >= 25% of your processor time. (coded by @RichBenner )
- #646 Because you should know if some goofball is restoring a database (coded by @RichBenner )
- #645 Night of the sleeping SPIDs (coded by @RichBenner )
- #680 Statistics can have more than one column in them. Go figure.
- #671 Not all ReportServer databases are just called ReportServer (coded by @BrentOzar )
Happy Birthday mom!