1.1 Intro and DBA Skills Quiz (33m)
Are you a production DBA, development DBA, or database developer? How much experience do you really have? What areas of the engine do you need to focus on to get the most out of this class?
Note: this class is from 2017, and I no longer update it. I’ve made it freely available since I no longer do production DBA work, and I don’t intend to keep this course up to date. You’re welcome to leave comments for other viewers here, but I don’t answer questions on this material, nor do I update it to reflect changes in Microsoft SQL Server. Thanks for understanding, and enjoy the free videos! Hope they help.
12 Comments. Leave new
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 1.2 Building and Testing Reliable SQL Servers Part 1 (25m)
- 1.2 Building and Testing Reliable SQL Servers Part 2 (21m)
- 1.3 Architecture for HA and DR Part 1
- 1.3 Architecture for HA and DR Part 2
- 1.4 Design Quorum for Failover Clusters (23m)
- 1.5 Triaging Failure in Availability Groups (32m)
- 1.6 Recovering from Failover Part 1 (40m)
- 1.6 Recovering from Failover Part 2 (12m)
- 1.7 Building an Inventory and a Support Matrix (39m)
- 2.1 Database Mirroring Field Medic Guide (40m)
- 2.2 Transaction Log Shipping Tips and Tricks (45m)
- 2.3 Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems (35m)
- 2.4 Optimizing DBCC CHECKDB (53m)
- 2.5 Availability Group Backup and CHECKDB Part 1 (8m)
- 2.5 Availability Group Backup and CHECKDB Part 2 (32m)
- 2.6 Cloud for the Senior DBA (38m)
- 2.7 Homework: Deciding Between Availability Solutions Part 1 (11m)
- 2.7 Homework: Deciding Between Availability Solutions Part 2 (27m)
- 3.1 Shared Storage Part 1 (28m)
- 3.1 Shared Storage Part 2 (32m)
- 3.2 Advanced SAN Features – Storage Tiering and Snapshots (31m)
- 3.3 Virtualization Management and Troubleshooting (61m)
- 3.4 Server Hardware Sizing (36m)
- 3.5 Homework Part 1 (11m)
- 3.5 Homework Part 2: Answers (28m)
- 3.6 Index Maintenance for Enterprise Environments (43m)
- 3.7 Recap and Q&A (28m)
The link for the download is down. Can you post an updated link ? Thanks.
Didier – the slides are only available during the live class. Thanks!
Would you please send me the link to download?
my email is email@example.com
The classes aren’t for download, just for streaming here in the site.
Brent, the streaming is not working. Only the audio is working. What gives?
Glenn – working fine here. You may need to check your computer or firewall.
Brent/Team – Could not find the page to the zip file (..14days…).
Please check and let us know.
Hi! Those slides were only for the live attendees, sorry. (We no longer have those.)
Ok – Thanks.
It is a shame the slides are not available. thanks for the info though
Fancy seeing you here Bryon! Great classes!
Brent, just wanted to send a quick thanks. In brief, I asked you about backups, and because you did not have specific class, as you suggested, went searching. Found a reasonably good alternative, https://www.sqlshack.com/database-backup-and-restore-process-in-sql-server-series-intro/…(in 20 parts). But, when I was done and return to your videos, I find two classes, from DBA Fundamentals to Senior DBA. (just what the doctor ordered LOL) I have been going through these (slowly, and repeatably), but I am getting “stronger” with each iteration. Thank You, Thank You. I remember you roasting someone in a class, and wondering why we come back…we come for the vast knowledge, we stay because of the witty repartee. 🙂