You ask questions at https://pollgab.com/room/brento and I answer ’em from the beach in Cabo San Lucas:
Here’s what we covered:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:27 Paul: What are your thoughts on being a Microsoft MVP?
- 04:33 Lance: I have a Server running SCCM that gets ‘unsafe assembly’ errors. Are unsafe assemblies something that needs to be worried about?
- 04:52 Arslan: Hi Brent, what are the top issues you see related to customers running SQL CLR?
- 06:02 Anil: Can bare metal SQL Server safely utilize NAS storage (slower / cheaper) for data files or is it recommended to only use SAN storage (faster / more expensive)?
- 07:13 Hasan: Hi Brent, what are the origins of SQL Bits? Do you have any epic stories from SQL Bits?
- 10:02 Jim: How does PostgreSQL query tuning compare with SQL Server query tuning?
- 10:35 Samir: Do we ever have to worry about disk (not page) fragmentation with SQL Server?
- 11:48 Wrap-up