Just got the keys to the new home base in San Diego, and the furniture isn’t even in yet. I went through your top-voted questions from https://pollgab.com/room/brento before my smoke alarm battery started chirping:
Here’s what we covered:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:10 Yoni – We have 60-100GB DBs on SQL server on windows (VM). Will it be better in performance if we change Windows to Linux only for the SQL and my APPs would stay on Windows? Is there any problems anticipated with Unicode, datetime, etc. TNX you ROCK! wish we could have a coffee someday
- 02:36 Brandon – Are you able to see sp_AllNightLog without hearing Lionel Richie?
- 04:15 Gustavo – If I have a table with 10 foreign keys Does the SQL server create an index for each foreign key? And if I insert a new tuple, are there 10 inserts in each index? And to check integrity, SQL Server checks the primary index for all other related tables?
- 05:43 WillemHank – Is switching from SQL Server to PostgreSql a big step? I find some articles regarding differences, but I was curious about your experience.
- 06:28 Sean – What are some SQL Server undocumented/secrets you’ve found? Hidden system functions, or undocumented clauses/keywords. For example “Inner Reduce Join” works on SQL Server Standard.
- 08:22 Bailing out due to my smoke alarm battery
Welcome to town!