Erika and I are on the road in Iceland, roaming around the countryside, and I’m taking you with us. This session was shot in Siglufjörður, a beautiful little oceanfront fishing village in the north.
Yes, I’m on the airport runway. No, seriously. Here’s what it looks like from the air in the winter.
Questions covered in the video:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:45 What are the best practices for linked server security?
- 04:20 Have you ever told a customer to change their collation?
- 06:28 What compatibility level do you recommend?
- 09:06 Should parallelism be 70% of my waits?
- 11:36 Should I append GUIDs to my temp table names?
- 13:30 Why is there a car hood in the video?
- 14:25 Why are my TempDB write stalls slower than my user databases?
- 18:34 Should I send an email for each failed login?
- 19:43 Has your opinion of table-valued user-defined functions changed?
- 20:36 How do I measure the overhead of Transparent Database Encryption?
- 21:46 Can highly fragmented indexes cause PAGEIOLATCH waits?
- 22:30 How do I track down which query is using a specific index?
- 24:45 Wrap-up
If you’ve got something you’d like to see me cover, ask your questions here, and while you’re at it, upvote other questions that you’d like to see covered. I’ll take the highest-upvoted questions and talk through ’em in an upcoming webcast.