Got questions that aren’t a good fit for DBA.StackExchange.com, and you want my opinion? Post them here and upvote the questions you’d like to see me talk through. This weekend, I hopped into my home studio and did a half-hour session because so many good questions had piled up:
Here are the questions I answered in this session:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:39 Why is connecting to SQL Server sometimes slow?
- 03:52 How do I know when my indexes are hurting me?
- 05:54 Should I enable Optimize for Ad-Hoc Workloads?
- 10:15 What do you think about running SQL Server in Kubernetes?
- 13:50 Can I restore everything except one table?
- 18:15 How can I monitor 1,000 SQL Server instances?
- 24:04 How can I explain that performance tuning never ends?
- 25:58 (I rant about how much I hate tech support)
- 27:15 How do I write a DBA resume when I have 8 years experience?
- 30:28 Any alternatives for SSMS on Mac OS?
- 32:52 What if I want to jump from a DBA role to project management?
- 34:32 If users query nested views, can I see the resulting T-SQL?
- 35:39 Should I dynamically craft update statements per column?
- 38:04 Wrap-up
Wanna join a live session? Subscribe to my free YouTube channel and you’ll get notifications whenever I go live. See you there!