Erika and I are on the road in Iceland, roaming around the countryside, and I’m taking you with us. This week, we’re in Siglufjörður, a beautiful little oceanfront fishing village in the north. In the mornings, before Erika wakes up, I’m filming Office Hours videos to answer your questions that you post here.
Today’s session comes to you from a little forest, alongside a babbling brook, just downstream from a waterfall.
Questions I covered in the video:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:51 Would you ever do a video about your travels?
- 03:20 What music are you listening to in Iceland?
- 05:00 I’m a DBA, and developers rule my shop. When is enough enough?
- 08:10 How do you develop your training skills?
- 11:26 When is your next production DBA training course coming out?
- 13:52 How can I deal with impostor syndrome?
- 15:50 When will you offer another remote SSIS training class?
- 17:18 Do you see many people using SQL Server on Linux or containers or ARM?
If you’ve got something you’d like to see me cover, ask your questions here, and while you’re at it, upvote other questions that you’d like to see covered. I’ll take the highest-upvoted questions and talk through ’em in an upcoming webcast.