Licensed Civil War Surgeon
I love building software. I help developers, DBAs, and engineers build fast, robust, scalable solutions.
I’ve been involved in all aspects of application development and deployment: as a database and emerging technologies expert at Quest Software, and before that as a sysadmin, developer, and DBA.
To get on my good side, ping me about:
- Mixing tools and technology
- Teaching SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database architecture and design patterns
- Cloud computing and databases
- Why hoarding knowledge is lame
Read my resume, but don’t think it means anything.
When I’m not lounging poolside here at the Brent Ozar Unlimited campus, you’ll find me at a food truck in Portland, Oregon, or at conferences such as DevLink, Stir Trek, and OSCON. My sessions have been highly rated and I pride myself on their quality.
What I’m saying is that I’m pretty awesome and you’ll love things I say. Contact me to bask in my glory or just check out these links:
- Five Things That Fix Bad SQL Server Performance
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups in AWS, Revisited
- Potential Problems with Partitioning
- The Trouble with Keys
Contact me to learn about the brains behind all this beauty.