You’re confident writing queries to get the data you want, and you’ve been doing it for a couple of years. You took an intro course when you first got started, and sure, you learned select/from/where/group-by – but how do you make your queries go faster?
In this one-day course, you’ll learn:
- How sp_BlitzCache shows you which queries to focus on, and what parameters to use with sp_BlitzCache to guarantee the best bang for the buck on your own SQL Server
- How to read an execution plan to find the problems in a query
- What parts of estimated, cached, and actual plans are lying to you
- How to identify common anti-patterns in queries and plans, and fix ’em fast
This course is 100% demos: the only slides are the introductions at the start of the day, and the recap at the end of the day. The rest of the time, we’ll be working in SQL Server Management Studio. Roll up your sleeves and join me!
- Before this class, watch the free How to Think Like the SQL Server Engine class. Optional: watch Fundamentals of Index Tuning, because this class assumes you already know how to design an index for filtering, sorting, and joining.
- Have a local SQL Server 2016 or newer. Your server’s power doesn’t really matter – you can run this class’s labs on your local desktop just fine as long as you’ve got enough space for the database.
- Download the Stack Overflow 2013 database (medium, 50GB).
This is a live online class – but you have two buying choices:
- Instant Replay Recordings Only – you can start streaming the Instant Replay recordings as soon as you buy. You don’t have to wait for a live class – you can start learning immediately using the recording from the most recent class. You can watch for a year straight.
- Live Class + Instant Replay – not only do you get instant access to the most recent recordings, but you can also attend all of the live deliveries of this class for 12 months after you buy your ticket. Read the live class logistics page. Here are the upcoming dates scheduled so far:
- February 2, 2021 online 9:00-5:00 Eastern (click to see in your own time zone) – iCal
- May 12, 2021 online 9:00-5:00 Eastern (click to see in your own time zone) – iCal