Learn to Query SQL Server with the StackOverflow Database
Learn to Query SQL Server
with the StackOverflow Database
You work for a company that’s got a lot of data in Microsoft SQL Server, and you want to work with it – but you’re not sure how to start. You’re also afraid that your queries might be “bad,” and you don’t want to cause problems on someone else’s server – even when you need to work with a lot of data.
In this self-paced course, we’re going to cover:
- How to write a SELECT query to get data out of one table
- How to filter the data to find just what we want
- How to sort data
- How to join multiple tables together
- How to tell if our query will be slow before we run it
- What books, videos, and web sites to use for learning more
To explain it all, we’re going to use the StackOverflow.com site and database. You’ll learn the basics of the StackOverflow database, look at a page on StackOverflow.com, and then write a query to deliver similar data.
To get started: Introduction and Setup