You’ve finished our free How to Think Like the Engine class, and now you wanna take it up a notch.
You’re confident writing queries to get the data you want, and you’ve been doing it for a couple of years. You took an intro course when you first got started, and sure, you learned select/from/where/group-by – but what else is there?
In this class, you’ll learn tricks to take your queries to the next level: dynamic SQL, CTEs, fast-performing functions, temp tables versus table variables, and more.
Note: we’ve archived this 2017 class taught by Erik Darling. It’s a few years old now, and we no longer sell it separately. To learn query tuning, we recommend our current class lineup instead.
- 00 Prerequisites Before the Class (69m)
- 1. Meet the Server (4min)
- 2.1 Reading Execution Plans (24m)
- 2.2 Problems in Execution Plans (32m)
- 3. Computed Columns (39m)
- 3. CTEs (20m)
- 3. Dynamic SQL (36m)
- 3. Filtered Indexes (29m)
- 3. Functions (39m)
- 3. Implicit Conversion (26m)
- 3. Key Lookups (15m)
- 3. Memory Grants (15m)
- 3. Non-SARGable Predicates (62m)
- 3. Paging (28m)
- 3. Parallelizing Work Across Multiple Cores (29m)
- 3. Reporting in Production (10m)
- 3. Temp Tables Vs Table Variables (21m)
- 3. Variables and NULLs (16m)