Index Tuning for SQL Server
How do you pick the right indexes to add on your tables? Which indexes aren’t doing you any good, and are only slowing you down? How many indexes should a table have?
Get the answers to these questions and more in this one-hour session on SQL Server index tuning. I show how to use Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) to add, remove, and monitor your indexes.
Looking for the video scripts? We’ve got an even better one now – check out sp_BlitzIndex®, which diagnoses missing indexes, unused indexes, heaps, and much more.
Want to learn more? We’ve got video training explaining it! In our 90 minute video series How to Think Like the SQL Server Engine, you’ll learn:
- The differences between clustered and nonclustered indexes
- How (and when) to make a covering index
- The basics of execution plans
- What determines sargability
- How SQL Server estimates query memory requirements
- What parameter sniffing means, and why it’s not always helpful
For $29, you get 18 months of access to the videos for one person. You can watch them at work, at home, even on your iPad. Learn more about it now.