Do you know some PowerShell and want to take your knowledge to the next level? Do you want a consistent way to manage your servers, databases and services without clicking?
In this 2-day class you will learn to:
- Run commands on remote servers using PowerShell Remoting
- Set trace flags and protocols on remote servers, then restart them to take effect
- Use WMI to get information about disk space
- Use the SQL Server provider to navigate SQL Server within a path-like structure
- Use PowerShell to determine the existence of objects in SQL Server
- Learn SMO and use it to manage a SQL Server and Databases. You will learn how to change configuration properties of a server, change Database Options, add space to a database file or log and many other database management tasks.
Prerequisites: attendees should have either taken the PowerShell for DBAs course, or have 6-12 months of hands-on production PowerShell experience.
About the instructor: Ben Miller is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Certified Master (MCM). He’s been working with SQL Server in the field since 1997, including 7 years at Microsoft. He is passionate about SQL Server automation and integration, and uses PowerShell and SMO regularly.
This is an online class – Ben hosts it in GoToWebinar, live on webcam, taking questions as we go through the material together. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way. For more information, check out the Training Logistics PDF for our online classes.
You can watch again later with Instant Replay – after the class completes, you can stream a recorded version for a year. Brush up on stuff you missed or revisit your favorite topics. It’s the best of both worlds: live training with Ben, plus reminders.
- June 11-12, 2018 9AM-5PM Eastern – click to see in your time zone