You’ve already passed our free T-SQL Level Up: Level 1 course, and now you wanna take it up a notch.
You’re confident writing queries to get the data you want, and you’ve been doing it for a couple of years. You took an intro course when you first got started, and sure, you learned select/from/where/group-by – but what else is there?
In this class with T-SQL maestro Erik Darling, you’ll learn tricks to take your queries to the next level: dynamic SQL, CTEs, fast-performing functions, temp tables versus table variables, computed columns, and more:
- 1. Meet the Server (4 minutes)
- 2.1 Reading Execution Plans (24m)
- 2.2 Problems in Execution Plans (32m)
- 3. Computed Columns (39m)
- 3. CTEs (20m)
- 3. Dynamic SQL (36m)
- 3. Filtered Indexes (29m)
- 3. Functions (39m)
- 3. Implicit Conversions (26m)
- 3. Key Lookups (15m)
- 3. Memory Grants (15m) (NEW)
- 3. Non-SARGable Predicates (62m)
- 3. Paging (28m) (NEW)
- 3. Parallelizing Work Across Multiple Cores (29m)
- 3. Reporting in Production (10m) (NEW)
- 3. Temp Tables Vs Table Variables (21m)
- 3. Variables and NULLs (16m) (NEW)
When you complete this class, you’re ready for Mastering Query Tuning.