You’re stuck with a database server that’s not going fast enough. You have a hunch that the biggest bottleneck is inside the database server somewhere, but where?
In this one-day class, you’ll learn how to identify which queries are killing your server, what parts of the database server are holding you back, how to tackle indexing improvements, and how to identify query anti-patterns.
Brent Ozar will show you:
- How wait stats tell you where to focus your tuning
- How the plan cache shows you which queries are the worst
- How to make fast improvements by picking the right indexes
- How to identify and fix the most common query anti-patterns
- You should be comfortable writing queries, but not at all comfortable with making them go faster.
- If you want to follow along on your own computer, get the free Stack Overflow 2013 database
- Some of the demos will only work on specific SQL Server versions, like 2019 or 2017 – we’ll note that where applicable
This is an online class – Brent hosts it in GoToWebinar, with him live on webcam, taking questions as we go through the material together. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way. For more information, check out the Training Logistics PDF for our online classes.
You can watch again later with Instant Replay – for one year from the date of your course, you can watch a recorded version via online streaming. Brush up on stuff you missed or revisit your favorite topics. It’s the best of both worlds: live training with Brent, plus reminders. (Or, you can just buy the Instant Replay access – save money, and start watching your recordings immediately, streaming them in your browser for a year.)
Class dates & times:
- December 7, 2018 online 9:00-5:00 Eastern (click to see in your own time zone)
- March 1, 2019 online 9:00-5:00 Eastern (click to see in your own time zone)