Dashboard in a Day (DIAD) is a 1 Day hands-on workshop for people wanting to understand Power BI, a tool that will help you rapidly produce great looking interactive reports and dashboards without a lot of technical knowledge.
You can use Power BI to make pre-built reports on common systems with literally a few clicks. You can tackle your own datastores like SQL databases, Excel spreadsheets, and Azure systems to build bespoke interactive dashboards that perfectly suit your needs. So if you’re a business analyst looking to help your users, a business person looking to get things done, or a data person looking to extend your skills and equip others, this DIAD training is a great opportunity to learn key techniques.
Mixing theory and practical, two thirds of the day teaches you about Power BI. The final part of the day, we’re going to help you get started with building dashboards in your organization, so you’ll be able to leave the day with knowledge, next steps, and a working report that’ll make your boss say “Wow!”.
At the end of the day, you will be able to:
- Connect to, import, and transform data from a variety of sources
- Define business rules and KPIs
- Explore your data with powerful visualization tools
- Build stunning reports
- Share your dashboards with your team and/or the world
Preparing for the course:
- You’ll need to install the Power BI app and register for an account on PowerBI.Microsoft.com in advance of the day. Don’t worry, we’ll send out detailed instructions closer to the date!
- As the last 2 hours of the day are dedicated to the your data, you’ll need to think about what you might like to build a dashboard over and ensure you have the necessary access
- Ideally you’ll have a working webcam with a microphone so you can interact with us more quickly
About the instructor: Steph Locke is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP with a decade of business intelligence and data science experience. Having worked in a variety of industries (including finance, utilities, insurance, and cyber-security,) Steph has tackled a wide range of business challenges with data. She has a broad background in the Microsoft Data Platform and Azure. She’s equally conversant with open source tools; from databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL, to analytical languages like R and Python.
This is a live online class. We host it in GoToWebinar, live with Steph Locke on webcam, with a 75-minute lunch break. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way. For more information, check out the Training Logistics PDF for our online classes.
You can watch again later with Instant Replay – after your class finishes, you’ll be able to watch a recording for a year. Brush up on stuff you missed or revisit your favorite topics. It’s the best of both worlds: live training with Steph, plus reminders.
- September 18, 2018 9AM-5PM Eastern US, view in your time zone