You need to build or manage a SQL Server failover clustered instance (FCI) but you’re not sure where to start. And with Always On Availability Groups as a high availability solution, it becomes even more confusing. Properly sizing the hardware? Who is responsible for what? How does the Windows Server Failover Cluster work with SQL Server?
The SQL Server FCI is not dead. Even though Always On Availability Groups were introduced in SQL Server 2012, customers are still deploying SQL Server FCIs to protect mission-critical databases. This instructor-led training class is specifically designed for senior database administrators responsible for designing, implementing and managing a SQL Server FCI.
In this live 3-day class, attendees will learn:
- Fundamentals of Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) – the underlying platform that makes SQL Server FCI possible – from the external dependencies like Active Directory and DNS to quorum, shared storage and cluster configuration
- Designing and implementing a Windows Server Failover Cluster to meet both high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- Designing and implementing common topologies for SQL Server FCI solutions for a single- or multi-data center deployments
- Managing and monitoring SQL Server FCI implementations
- Effective troubleshooting of availability issues for both the Windows Server Failover Cluster and the SQL Server FCI
About the instructor: Edwin Sarmiento is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and Microsoft Certified Master from Ottawa, Canada specializing in high availability, disaster recovery and system infrastructures running on the Microsoft server technology stack. He is very passionate about technology but has interests in music, professional and organizational development, leadership and management matters when not working with databases.
Bonus: attendees will also get 1 year access to:
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery on Udemy (value: US $200). This course covers all of the high availability and disaster recovery features in SQL Server and how to leverage them.
- Windows Server Failover Clustering for the Smart SQL Server DBA (value: US $545). This course covers the basics and fundamentals of Windows Server Failover Clustering to successfully design, implement and manage SQL Server failover clustered instances.
- How To Build A Personal Lab for Deploying SQL Server on a Windows Server Failover Cluster (value: US $95). This course walks you thru building an affordable lab environment for emulating a multi-data center deployment of a stretched, multi-site failover cluster in preparation for installing and configuring either a SQL Server failover clustered instance or Availability Group
This is a live online class. We host it in GoToWebinar, live with Edwin Sarmiento on webcam. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way. For more information, check out the Training Logistics PDF for our online classes.
Instant Replay Access – after your class finishes, you can stream a recorded version of the class for one year. It’s the best of both worlds: start learning right away, plus get live training with great Q&A, and the ability to brush up over time.
This class is not currently scheduled for another live delivery.