You need to deploy or manage a SQL Server Always On Availability Group but do not have a clue about where to start. The Microsoft documentation isn’t helping and you are wasting a lot of time figuring things out on your own. What’s worse is that unexpected Always On Availability Group outages are taking over your personal life, causing too much stress and anxiety. And you’re worried that the next outage could cost the company loss of revenue and, potentially, your job.
This is specifically for you. This instructor-led training class is specifically designed for senior database administrators and systems engineers responsible for deploying and managing a SQL Server Always On Availability Group.
In this live class, you will learn:
- The simple and easy way to understand Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) – the underlying platform that makes SQL Server Always On Availability Group possible – from the external dependencies like Active Directory and DNS to quorum and cluster configuration
- How to design and implement a stable, reliable and highly available Windows Server Failover Cluster to meet both high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- How to design and implement a stable, reliable and highly available SQL Server Always On Availability Group solution for a single- or multi-data center deployments from the most common topologies without reinventing the wheel
- How to leverage additional SQL Server Always On Availability Group capabilities such as readable secondary replicas, backup preferences, distributed availability groups and basic availability groups while minimizing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Efficient management and monitoring of SQL Server Always On Availability Group implementations
- The secret to effective troubleshooting of availability issues for both the Windows Server Failover Cluster and the SQL Server Always On Availability Group
About the instructor: Edwin Sarmiento is a 12-year former Microsoft Data Platform MVP and Microsoft Certified Master from Ottawa, Canada specializing in high availability, disaster recovery and system infrastructures running on the Microsoft server technology stack. He is very passionate about technology but has interests in music, professional and organizational development, leadership and management matters when not working with databases.
Bonus Consulting Time: on the last day, you can share your (sanitized) architecture diagram with the class for open consulting. You can ask for feedback about why the design might not be achieving your objectives, and get Edwin’s recommendations to improve your uptime. Don’t want to share your company’s design? No problem – you can still learn from watching the architectures and questions from other students. You can even ask about urgent production-facing issues that need quick solutions.
Bonus: attendees will also get 1 year access to:
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery on Udemy (value: US $200). This course covers all of the high availability and disaster recovery features in SQL Server and how to leverage them.
- Windows Server Failover Clustering for the Smart SQL Server DBA (value: US $545). This course covers the basics and fundamentals of Windows Server Failover Clustering to successfully design, implement and manage SQL Server failover clustered instances.
- How To Build A Personal Lab for Deploying SQL Server on a Windows Server Failover Cluster (value: US $95). This course walks you thru building an affordable lab environment for emulating a multi-data center deployment of a stretched, multi-site failover cluster in preparation for installing and configuring either a SQL Server failover clustered instance or Availability Group
This is a live online class. We host it in GoToWebinar, live with Edwin Sarmiento on webcam. Audio can come through either your computer audio, or by dialing into a US phone number – headset recommended either way. For more information, check out the Training Logistics PDF for our online classes.
Instant Replay Access – as soon as you register, you can start watching a recorded version of the class for one year. It’s the best of both worlds: start learning right away, plus get live training with great Q&A, and the ability to brush up over time.
This class does not have another date scheduled right now, but if you’d like a private delivery for your company, contact Edwin Sarmiento. Edwin would love to help you build safe, reliable clusters and Availability Groups.